The efforts and achievements of Penshurst RSL Rugby League in season 2006 were rewarded and celebrated on the weekend 14th and 15th October.
The traditional Green & Gold Presentation was held in Penshurst RSL's auditorium on the Saturday evening for our International teams and for our club awards. The following morning at Evatt Park, Penshurst RSL junior Craig Stapleton was guest of honour at the Green & Gold Picnic day for our Mini and Mod teams.
In a packed to capacity auditorium, the Green & Gold Presentation recognised and rewarded our international players and club officials for their efforts in 2006. Highlights of the night were...
* Presentation of Life Membership to Michael Baihn for outstanding service to the club over the past 13 years
* Recognition of a successful season when the under 19s' Kevin Hadfield was named Coach of the Year
* Presentation of Clubperson of the Year to our hard working Senior Vice-President, Darryn Springett
And a big thank you to everyone that helped make the Green & Gold Picnic day such an enjoyable day for our younger players. All of the field activities combined with the presentation of the Mini and Mod team awards by Craig Stapleton made an ideal conclusion of another successful Penshurst RSL season.
Other features of the weekend were...
* Inaugural presentation of the Mitchell Wykes Memorial Award for the best overall contribution by a senior player to his team
* Presentation of premiership jackets to our 2 successful teams, the under 10 Greens and under 19s.
Click in the links below for the full list of award winners...